Friday, August 9, 2013

Laundry soap!!
This posts is about washing.....

I was going through a small pile of clothes that need fixing, ex: loose buttons, sew and paint spots (from projects at school).  So I washed the spots in hopes the machine will take care of the problem. The spots fade, but were still there, and as usual you got blue spots on a white shirt and white spots on a blue shirt (Frustrating it can't be the other way around).

I am reluctant to use those chemical laden products to lift tough stains; and the idea of sending the shirts to the cleaner so they can use other chemicals on my clothing didn't appeal to me. So, I remember this trick from my mom.. laundry soap.  It really works and you hardly need to do anything.

The soap that I use is called ZOTE, I found it a the 99 cents store, it can also be found at Walmart and Fiesta. This will also work for chocolate stains, baby food, avocado, etc.  If you have a top load washing machine, just fill it with warm water and rub the soap on some wet clothes (until water turns whitish), or you can do it like I used to and just drop it there. Leave it for at least 4 hours, retrieve that soap if it's there, add your usual detergent and start a normal cycle.

If your machine is front load, you will need a recipient to hold enough water to partially cover the clothes. Fill it with warm water and rub the soap onto wet clothes, let them soak for at least 4 hours and then carry you recipient to the washing machine and transfer the clothes for a normal wash.

Other alternative is to use the bits and pieces of leftover bath soap that you can keep in a jar under the sink for this purpose.  My mom used to do this as well ;-)

Hope this works for you.

Cristela

No comments:

Post a Comment